Monday, September 28, 2009

Penelope Cruz Kissed Two Girls & Liked It


Penélope Cruz smolders in the November issue of Vanity Fair (on newsstands October 6) but stays relatively tight-lipped about her fragile moments played out for the world to see. Yes, the same actress who has shared girl-on-girl smooches with Scarlett Johansson and Charlize Theron on the big screen admits she's "always been a worrier... Since I was a little girl I've always felt that if I had a moment of peace I'd wonder: Are you sure you can afford to feel like this?" Cruz said. After the jump, Cruz admits being pushed to her limit, what it's like kissing women on screen and why she really became an actress.

On who was a better kisser -- Scarlett Johansson or Charlize Theron: "No matter how I answer that I will be in trouble. Both were pretty beautiful partners."

On her fascination with women in school: "It was my first acting school. I would pretend to be doing my homework, but I was real­ly observing the women. I found their behavior mesmerizing-what they were hiding, how they left feeling a little different after they'd been helped to become a little more like whom they wanted to look like. They treated the place a little bit like a psychologist's office. They would share all their secrets."

Why 'Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!' influenced her to become an actress: "That was the day I decided to be an actress. I fell in love. I'd found what I wanted to do. I really didn't want to have to be in an office. I was a good student, but not happy. I thought, I have nobody in my family and no friends who can make a living out of anything related to an artistic profession, but I want to try. I decided to look for an agent."

On being pushed to her limit during filming of 'Broken Embraces': "Pedro Almodóvar would push me to the limit. He really knows how to press all my buttons. You can only go into something like that when it's somebody you really trust. I always feel like he's my safety net. Like I can fly and go far, because he's going to catch me. The biggest [panic] attack I had during the movie was the scene where, for the first time, Lena makes the decision to try to become an actress. I don't know what happened to me that day, but before and after we filmed I could not breathe."

Be sure to check out the entire article at http://www.vanityfair.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment