Saturday, August 29, 2009

Chris Brown's Mom Not Ashamed of Him

Days after Chris Brown was formally sentenced for beating Rihanna, his mother finally addressed fans about the ordeal. "I just want to say from the bottom of my heart thank you for your continued support. I'm sorry I wasn't allowed to speak to anyone as this case was ongoing," Joyce Hawkins wrote on TheChrisBrownFanClub.com.

"I can now say this has been the most painful moment in my entire life, but knowing that you were still standing by Chris' side in his time of need made this a little easier for us," she added.

"Because of all your prayers, God brought him through," Hawkins continued. "I just want to say God has never failed me and never will. All moms and dads please stand by your children and pray for their goodness each and every day," she said.

Her statement continued, "I made a promise. I would never be ashamed of him no matter where I am or who I talk to. You see this whole thing isn't about Chris, it's about God. He wants to show all of you the goodness of him through Chris. Chris will be addressing all of his fans very soon. We love you so much and so does God."

Earlier this week, a judge ordered Brown to serve five years probation and perform six months of community service for his role in the February attack. Brown was also ordered to stay 100 yards away from Rihanna during the period of his probation.

Brown assaulted Rihanna during Grammy weekend in February, reportedly punching and beating her inside of his car after an argument. He was arrested hours after the incident, and plead guilty to a felony assault charge in June.

This summer, Brown apologized to fans, saying what he did "was inexcusable," but promised to learn from his mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment