Saturday, August 29, 2009

Miley Cyrus: 'I'm Far From Perfect'

Miley Cyrus heads to New York...

Teen sensation Miley Cyrus braved the rain in New York City Friday morning for a short, outdoor concert tied to an appearance on 'Today.'

The singer strutted her stuff in a blazer and jeans - slightly more conservative than her controversial appearance at the recent Teen Choice Awards - singing a few tunes from her upcoming album and discussing the pressure on her to be perfect in the public eye.

"I'm not here to say I'm perfect 'cause I'm far from it," Cyrus said.
 
 
"My mistakes are kind of a little bit harder because they are in front of millions and millions of people," she added. "It's hard sometimes to smile about it, but it also makes you want to try harder the next time."

The pop star also discussed her album, being released Monday at Wal-Mart stores. "This album was a step towards my next album. I want to be able to step out and maybe take a break for a while and write music that inspires me," she said. "I think there's always a formula ... I think the best way to do that is put it out of the way and do something new."

No comments:

Post a Comment