Friday, September 4, 2009

Chris Brown's insults Oprah - Smart or Stupid?

Just days after Chris Brown appeared on 'Larry King Live' to address his felony assault of singer Rihanna, he's now speaking out against Oprah Winfrey's domestic violence episode.

In a new issue of PEOPLE, Brown says the show, which Winfrey "dedicated to all the Rihanna's of the world," was a "slap in the face," though the singer admits he's ready for therapy.

...was speaking out against Oprah a bad career move? Duh? Is he an idiot. She is one of the most influential woman in media....

One source, who has direct connections to Brown's endorsement opportunities said, "He's done."

"Whatever goodwill he had, he's totally ruined it by saying that. What was he thinking? And who the hell goes up against Oprah? It just shows he doesn't think. No one is going to want him as the face of their brand," he should just pack it up and hid somewhere...

Brown argues that he, "did a lot of stuff for her, like going to Africa and performing for her school. She could have been more helpful, like, 'OK, I'm going to help both of these people out,'" he added.

For now, Oprah's only comment comes from her rep."Oprah is very appreciative that Chris Brown performed at her school, but she takes domestic abuse very seriously. She hopes he gets the counseling he needs."

According to Brown, that's exactly his plan. "I want to understand my feelings," Brown tells PEOPLE. "I want to find out what really transpired as far as me that night. Sometimes when you're young you don't know how to express [your emotions], so I think it actually would be helpful to talk to a counselor or to somebody who has an expertise in what those [feelings] are."

The singer adds, "I wanted to take the counseling upon myself and ... just talk to someone. I just need to talk to someone. I wanted to understand the problem at hand."

Brown still doesn't believe he has a problem controlling his anger, but he accepts he might be proven wrong in therapy. "If I do, I will work with my counselor and hopefully channel my anger into something like dancing," he says. "I don't think I would get that mad again. I want to be a man, so I have to be more responsible .... I'd rather walk away."

No comments:

Post a Comment