Friday, September 4, 2009

Woman Goes Under Knife to Win Simon's 'X-Factor' Love - Crazy?

This has got to be the craziest thing I have heard about in awhile. Lining up and camping out to audition for a reality show is crazy enough, but a motivated British woman did exactly what Simon Cowell told her to do at the 'X-Factor' audition.

Five years ago, Cowell bluntly told the then-18-year-old Katrina Lee that he wished he could take her voice and put it in someone else's body. Lee, now 23, took that to heart, and has done quite a bit to change what's on the outside by undergoing various surgeries (facial, lipo) and hygiene procedures.
Speaking with Britain's The Sun (via Daily Mail), Lee says in the run-up to this year's 'X-Factor' auditions in Glasgow, she had facial laser surgery, liposuction, dental work, exercised feverishly and even dyed her hair a bright red to stand out.


"What happened to me the last time nearly tipped me over the edge, it was terrible," Lee said of Cowell's comments to her years ago. "I came face-to -face with Simon Cowell and told him that his comments had nearly wrecked my life."

According to Lee, Cowell "seemed really shocked" about telling her years ago that: "I just wish I could put your voice in a nother body." She says Cowell now admits "'That's not a nice thing I said.'"

Lee says now that she's "come back a new person," Cowell told her that she "was a good-looking girl."

"I went through so much after his comments the last time. I was 18 and they really hit me hard. Now I'm delighted. It's been through a lot, including facial surgery. I've gone to every extreme to get to this point," Lee said.

It seems to have worked. Lee belted out Sinead O'Connor's 'Nothing Compares 2 U' at the auditions, and she was quickly sent on to further rounds.

"This year Cheryl Cole said my audition was fantastic and I'm really pleased I've come this far," Lee said.

The crazy things people do for attention or stardom....

No comments:

Post a Comment